Thursday, February 14, 2013

How Alf Would Do Valentine's Day

Awe yes it is Valentine’s Day. Hmmmm, what to blog about. We could hash through romantic ideas on gifts or outings, how to insure those gifts of jewelry or even events that have occurred on this special day. But my husband always tells me I have a “special” way of thinking. So let’s do just that. For my Valentine’s Day blog I have decided to think about what Alf would do for this special day. That’s right Alf. For those of you youngsters, Alf was a beloved alien in the sitcom that aired between 1986-1990. So in remembrance of Alf, here is what I think his Valentine’s Day would be like.



Let say Alf’s planet of Melmac didn’t explode and he was just on a trip to Earth, first he would have to call up girlfriend Rhonda (that’s right, Alf’s girlfriend was named Rhonda). He would say, “Rhonda Baby, the Tanner’s and I have fixed my Patrol Ship and I am coming to sweep you off your feet with a romantic night for two.” Of course Rhonda would be so elated, you know since it has been years since he left Melmac. She would say “Oh Alfie I’m so excited.” She would primp and pamper herself for her loves arrival.


Once Alf arrives at Rhonda’s house he would try and woo her with flowers. Who knows what aliens of Melmac think of flowers, but hey it’s pretty standard here on Earth.


Of course he would take her to a special dinner of cat and for dessert…caterpillar pudding (yummo). Then they would spend the rest of the evening catching up on good times and all that Alf has learned on planet Earth and with the Tanners. They will even laugh about how we earthlings keep cats as pets instead of an ingredient to a meal.

So whatever it is you do for Valentine’s Day or even if it is just a Single Reminder Day to you, enjoy the people around you, cherish your friends and loved ones. And watch out for hairballs!



Nicole Emery, AIC, FCLA

No comments:

Post a Comment